The tree lopping market is a condensed one, with every man and his dog claiming to be a professional. The danger is that most people believe that being a tree surgeon “can’t be that difficult”, because they think that it’s as simple as picking up an axe and a chain saw and lopping away and some trees. Well, it couldn’t be further from the truth, which is why you need to be careful when looking for a reliable professional.
In this post, we’re going to take you through some basic tips on how to find a reliable tree surgeon. If you follow these steps, you’ll be able to find one that is competitively priced, certified, and more than able to care for your trees safely and appropriately.
1 – Start with a simple Google search
The internet is awesome, so you should start with a simple Google search to see if you can find some local tree lopping companies in your area. What you’ll find though, is an overwhelming multitude of companies to choose from. So, how do you start narrowing them down?
- Pull up several websites and have a read through. This should give you some idea of what they’re about and how they operate.
- Check for testimonials and request a reference if necessary.
- Look at the pricing on various projects and play them off one another. It is also worth requesting a quote for a certain project and seeing what different people come back with.
- Ensure that they are certified. Most reliable companies will have their certification clearly outlined on their website, offering full disclosure should you wish to proceed (avoid uncertified tree loppers at all costs!)
- Ask if they have all of the relevant insurance (Again, any company worth their salt will list the legalities on their website)
2 – Ask friends and family
Once you’ve started to narrow the search down, reach out to your friends and family and ask them if they have had any dealings with the companies that you’re interested in. This will give you a clear idea as to who you can trust, and who to avoid. Just be careful who you take your advice from though! We all know at least one “professional complainer.”
3 – Make contact
It’s always worth speaking to a few shortlisted candidates on the phone to get a feel for how they handle your enquiry. By this point you should be able to get a clear sense as to how professional and reliable they are. Following that, you’ll be able to go with your gut feeling! If you end up with a company like A B Trees, or any other highly qualified and long-established arborists, you’ll be entirely satisfied with your decision.
The trees on your property deserve all of the care and attention that they can get! Which is exactly why you should afford this decision the careful consideration that it requires. Don’t rush in with just anyone!